Veröffentlichungen des Geobotanischen Institutes Rübel in Zürich

The main publication of the Stiftung Rübel was the "Veröffentlichungen des Geobotanischen Institutes". This was a series of monographic volumes, of which 130 have been published since 1922. During this long publishing history many classic works in the field of geobotany appeared, written by such authors as Rübel himself, Braun-Blanquet, Tüxen, Ellenberg and Landolt. 1998 the series was replaced by a new, international refereed journal "Perspectives in Plant Ecology, Evolution and Systematics".

In 1918, Eduard Rübel-Blass established a private research institute (Geobotanisches Institut Stiftung Rübel) in Zurich to promote the study of geobotany. Together with his colleague Josias Braun-Blanquet, Eduard Rübel was one of the pioneers of geobotany in Europe. In 1958 the institute was incorporated into the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zürich). Following a reorganisation in 2007, the two professorships associated with the "Geobotanisches Institut" became part of the Institute of Integrative Biology. At the same time the name of the foundation was changed to "Stiftung Geobotanisches Forschungsinstitut Rübel". The foundation continues to support research related to geobotany, and also the journal PPEES (Perspectives in Plant Ecology, Evolution and Systematics).

Contact/Credits:

Metadata information:

Title:Veröffentlichungen des Geobotanischen Institutes der Eidg. Tech. Hochschule, Stiftung Rübel, in Zürich
Period:1961-2002
Title:Veröffentlichungen des Geobotanischen Institutes Rübel in Zürich
Period:1924-1959

Back
Page preview of the search result

, Issue :
Editor:

Page